31 Replies Latest reply: Oct 10, 2013 2:57 AM by stacy0701 RSS

ADP CPP exam

ccappal

Any suggestions to help me prepare for ADP CPP exam or a class to take?

• Re: ADP CPP exam
          Debbie

Hi Cateleyn,

Assuming you're referring to the Certified Payroll Professional exam, administered by the American Payroll Association (as opposed to the ADP Payroll Certification), I facilitate a 13-week CPP Study Group for our clients and it is available for enrollment in our learning site, Learn@ADP. We're currently about halfway through our group to prepare for the Fall 2013 exam, but you can still jump in if you'd like. We meet via webinar every Wednesday from 12:00-2:00pm PT. And if you're not able to join live, we record each of these sessions and they are available to view on demand in Learn@ADP. They are set up as self studies.

We use the American Payroll Association's Payroll Source as our textbook and we provide a lot of additional study materials in our group.

If  you are referring to ADP's Payroll Certification, you can find additional information in the ADP Support Center at https://support.adp.com in the Payroll tab.

I hope this helps, but let me know if you have any additional questions.

Debbie Mathewson

ccappal

Debbie,

Thanks for the quick response. I would like to join on your next study group for next year exam.

Thanks,

Cateleyn

Debbie

You are very welcome! I look forward to working with you in our next study group. I've made a note on my calendar to contact you via email once our next group is available for enrollment in Learn@ADP.

fbanks1@qpg

I'm not able to do the live trainig but have been doing the recorded sessions, which has helped with my studying tremendously!  I hope to be ready to take exam this fall!

mjbutah

Debbie! Can you add me to the list as well for the next class?

Debbie

Hi Michelle!

You can actually enroll now. Based on the ADP Payroll product that your company uses, you have access to our learning site Learn@ADP. From that site, go to the Search tab, type CPP Study Group and you will see all 13 sessions appear for enrollment. Once you enroll, that will put you on my roster and approximately 1-2 days prior to each session, you'll get an email confirmation from me with a link to join our sessions.

Let me know if you have any difficulty locating this in Learn@ADP and I'll be happy to help! I look forward to "seeing"
                        you in our next study group!

vmastroallen

Hi Debbie;

I went to Learn@ADP to look at the CPP classes you are offering.  I see session 1 and then it jumps to session 10.  Can you help me with this?  Also the session 1 class starts on Oct. 23 from 3:00 - 5:00 pm.  I am in the northeast.  Does this sound correct?

If I am unable to sign up for the Oct 23rd start date when will the next session start?

Thank you,

Victoria Mastro Allen

Light Tower Management

Debbie

Hi Victoria,

I just did the same search in Learn@ADP and found that are multiple pages and Learn@ADP lists these sessions in a strange order. Once you do your search, click the "Next" button near the top right of the class listing and you'll see the remaining sessions 2 through 13.

And you are correct about the time. We meet from 12:00-2:00pm PT, which would be 3:00-5:00pm ET. If that timeframe doesn't work with your schedule, we record each of these and those recorded webcasts are available for on-demand viewing.

Our next live session to prepare for the Fall 2014 exam will start sometime in mid-May.

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks!

Debbie

Debbie

By the way, I just realized that I didn't specify the dates for our next study group to prepare for the Spring 2014 exam. It will begin on October 23 and end on March 12. It will start out meeting biweekly, and then accelerate to weekly in February. That group should be available for enrollment in Learn@ADP by late September.

asachar@4gwireless

You can  also use the payroll Source, paytrain module from american payroll association and IRS material. I recently passed the test by studing these materials.

jaslevier

Also check with your local APA chapter.  The Los Angeles chapter has a class and the last class is a one day 'Boot Camp' open to additional folks, and they go over the toughest calculations.  That was very helpful for me, as it was a different set of questions that highlighted what I needed to work on.

jacki926

Hi Everyone,

I used the Principles of Payroll Administration study book.  Each chapter has a practice quiz and in the back of the book there are practice tests.  I read each chapter at least 3 times and took each quiz/test a few times.  I also used a study group which kept me on track.  Good luck to all!!

raehofkin

I also facilitate an online study group.  We start the second week of January and June and meet once a week at night.   The days of the week and times vary to include everyone from every time zone.  The winter session starts the second week of January and runs through the middle of April.  The June study group usually starts the second week of June and runs through mid September.  We usually offer more than one night and also use the Payroll Source book as the main text but we provide other files such as articles, a summary, quizzes, and other related information.  If anyone is interested in being put on the waiting list for the next session, email me at Rae_Hofkin@yahoo.com.  The information should be ready by late November and registration is the month of December.

bruceanglin

I remember somebody had posted copies of CPP test samples on the old Exchange but I don't see it there anymore. Those can be helpful to give you an idea of what the test is like.

Debbie

We do have a couple sample tests (100 questions each) posted in our CPP space here in the Bridge. I'm not sure if these are the same ones that Bruce is referring to, but if so, there is a Final Exam and a Mid-exam, both of which are pretty comprehensive in terms of the CPP topics covered.

risaknight

I did the ADP self-study last summer.   I did one or two classes per week, took the exam in September, and passed with flying colors.    The classes were extremely helpful!